Here’s an easy paleo recipe for an elegant breakfast or fancy dessert – crêpes with strawberry filling! All paleo and so good!
I know many of you have made by Paleo and Gluten-Free Tortillas before. For these French-style pancakes, you’ll be using the exact same ingredients as the tortillas with this one little change: add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla to the batter.
Of course you don’t want your crêpes to be as thick as the paleo tortillas, so you’ll only need a 1/4 cup of the batter to make each crêpe. Swirl the batter around the bottom of your hot, non-stick skillet (or crêpe pan), allow it to cook for a couple of minutes, loosen the edges with a spatula, flip it and finish cooking the crêpe on the other side. It’s just that simple! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-34opgw’]
Don’t worry about making the crêpes perfectly round, they will taste just as awesome even if they come out of your pan kind of lopsided…trust me, I know.
The 4-ingredient strawberry filling that goes in (or on top of) these crêpes really rocks it too, and it’s very simple to make.
All you need to do is slice up about 2 lbs. of fresh strawberries. As you’ll see in the recipe, half of your strawberries will be cooked down to make the sauce and the other half gets lightly folded into the sauce after it has finished cooking. Simple, right?
Just wait until you try this filling…you’ll be in strawberry heaven it’s so good. Your strawberries are so sweet to begin with that it only takes a couple of tablespoons of raw honey to make the filling absolutely perfect!
Hope you give this easy and delicious paleo crêpes recipe a try when you’ve got a little extra time to treat yourself to something truly special!
- Use the same ingredients found here: Paleo Tortillas
- To the recipe add: 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 lbs strawberries (or about 4 cups sliced) - divide in half
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tbs raw honey
- Follow the instructions for my Paleo Tortillas with the follow exceptions:
- Don't forget to add the teaspoon of vanilla to the batter!
- Lightly coat your skillet (or crêpe pan) with coconut oil over medium heat
- When the pan is hot, ladle only 1/4 cup of crêpe batter into the center of the pan, then lift the skillet and tilt the pan with a circular motion to swirl the batter around the bottom to thin it out, then continue cooking the crêpe
- Repeat the same process for each crêpe
- Clean, remove tops, and slice strawberries - you should have about 4 cups of sliced strawberries total
- Place 2 cups of the sliced strawberries in a medium sauce pan with lemon juice, water, and honey
- Bring sauce pan mixture to a boil, then reduce to medium heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When strawberries have cooked down into a sauce, remove from heat
- While sauce is still warm, lightly stir in the remaining 2 cups of sliced strawberries and allow mixture to cool down a little
- Fold and top the crêpes with about 1/4 cup each of the strawberry filling (as pictured) or place filling on a flat crêpe and roll up
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Kelly Joseph Mcnulty Kimberly Clark
Another amazing recipe by my favorite paleo blogger! :) We have friends coming in from out of town this weekend, I think I know what breakfast will be!!!
interesting, wonder how they compare to my other recipe…?
Let me know! I’ll taste test!!
Coloured red… i like it