Here’s a quick, easy and delicious paleo meal for you…spicy grilled shrimp topped with my special tropical salsa and it’s all rolled up in crispy lettuce leaves for easy eating.
If you’re looking for a simple paleo dish filled with sweet goodness and healthy shrimp with a little spicy twist, this is it.
I think the salsa really makes this one. Try my Paleo Mango Pineapple Crazy Good Salsa…it’s the perfect match-up for this dish. The fruitiness of the salsa and the spiciness of shrimp are the yin and yang of this dish – which means you get a mouthful of awesomeness in every bite.
This dish takes just minutes to prepare…especially if you make the salsa ahead of time.
The shrimp’s marinade is easy to whip together. Just give your raw shrimp a few minutes to soak up the spices and these will be ready for a few minutes on a hot grill.
Instead of lettuce wraps, you can easily turn this paleo recipe into a gorgeous seafood salad if you prefer. Just tear the leaves and put them in a salad bowl, scatter the grilled shrimp on top, and then pile on the salsa or a light paleo salad dressing.
That’s a wrap for me…check out this easy paleo recipe below and let me know what you think!
Paleo Spicy Grilled Shrimp Wraps Recipe
- 1-2 lbs of uncooked shrimp – peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic – pressed
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Head of lettuce
- Skewers: Soak wooden skerwers in water for about an hour – or use metal skewers
Optional – Mango Pineapple Salsa
- These shrimp wraps are perfect for my easy Paleo Mango Pineapple Salsa – see link in recipe "Notes" below
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the garlic, salt, paprika and cayenne
- Next pour your fresh-squeezed lemon juice into the bowl and stir well
- Finally add the raw shrimp to the bowl, toss well, and let them soak up the marinade while you preheat the grill
- Place the marinated shrimp on skewers and grill 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until opaque
- Pull off large, curved lettuce leaves
- Add shrimp, salsa and (optional) fresh avocado slices to each
- Roll up and enjoy!