Summertime is the perfect time to add fresh fruit to your salad greens and bring it all together with a light and fruity vinaigrette.
This simple paleo salad recipe includes strawberries, blackberries and nectarines – but you can create your own combination of greens and fruit from whatever you have available locally.
I made a really simple paleo strawberry vinaigrette to go with this one, but depending on the salad mix you come up with, you might want to top yours with a honey lime or balsamic vinaigrette instead. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-1yb13k’]
Chicken, Berry & Nectarine Salad w/Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 nectarines – cut into pieces
- 1 or 2 avocados
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 2-4 chicken breasts (depending on how much you like in your salad)
- Salad greens – whatever kind you like. I used mixed greens
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbs coconut vinegar (you can use apple cider if you don't have coconut vinegar)
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine berries, coconut vinegar, raw honey and salt and pepper in a blender. Next slowly add olive oil on a lower speed
- Stop and taste the mixture – you may want to add more honey or vinegar depending on your own personal taste
- Store in refrigerator until you're ready to serve your salad
- Grill your chicken. I used my maple/mustard recipe to brush on the chicken which is awesome with this. Or you can use any kind of flavor you want
- Cook your bacon and crumble into bacon bits.
- Get your salad together with the greens, chicken, strawberries, blackberries and nectarines.
- Top with avocado, bacon and the yummy strawberry vinaigrette!
- Dig in and enjoy!
For more delicious and easy recipes, visit us at PaleoNewbie.com