Looking for a healthier dessert idea to “WOW” the crowd at your next party?
Here’s one that serves 12 – and paleo peeps can grab a piece of the pie almost guilt-free because this one’s completely dairy-free and gluten-free.
Now before you all go crazy on me for making this decadent dessert, let me emphasize this is a special treat for special occasions – there are lots of carbs here. Don’t go making this one your personal after-dinner dessert for the next 12 nights.
That said, both your paleo and non-paleo family and friends will absolutely love this one. It’s a treat that allows everyone to join in.
We used our Paleo Mudflat Brownie recipe to form the crust of this party pizza in a 13-inch pizza pan. Next I added a layer of paleo banana ice cream (made from coconut milk – instructions below). I placed the pan with the brownie crust and the ice cream layer in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then I topped it off with fresh sliced fruit and drizzles of our Caramel Flavored Topping.
I know, this one is a little over the top. But in a good, “oh my goodness this is so yummy” kind of way! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-32nyj2′]
I can’t even begin to tell you how beautiful this dish looks all sliced up in the pan. If you want an impressive crowd-pleaser, this is it.
Keep this dish in mind for your next get-together – anything from a backyard barbecue to a birthday celebration. It’s the best version ever of a banana split!
- About 2 pounds fresh strawberries, sliced
- About 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- About 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 bananas, mashed
- (1) can of full fat coconut milk (usually about 13.5 oz)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla
- 2 Tbsp of raw honey (optional - if using very ripe bananas, you may not need)
- See recipe ingredients here: Paleo Mudflat Brownies
- See recipe ingredients here: Caramel Flavored Topping
- About 12 Slices
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F
- Make the brownie batter. Link: Paleo Mudflat Brownies (URL: https://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-mudflat-brownies/)
- Grease 13" pizza pan with a little coconut oil
- Use about 7/8 of brownie mixture and spread evenly from center of the pan outward to the edges
- Bake on center rack 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Make the Caramel Sauce. Link: Caramel Flavored Topping (URL: https://www.paleonewbie.com/5-ingredient-paleo-caramel-flavored-topping/)
- Place sauce in refrigerator
- Combine mashed bananas, coconut milk, vanilla, and honey - use blender or whisk in a medium bowl
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn for approximately 30 minutes (the ice cream should be soft enough to spread across the brownie crust)
- Makes about 1 1/2 pints
- Spread ice cream over brownie crust – start in center and spread toward edges
- It will take about 1 pint of ice cream to cover
- Place layered pizza in freezer for at least 2 hours
- Remove pizza pan with ice cream and brownie layers from freezer
- First cut into 12 slices with a pizza cutter
- Next top with pre-sliced strawberries, bananas and pineapple
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
LOVE THIS RECIPE! My kids usually cringe when I say it is “healthy”, but scarfed this one down! I also LOVE your Cinnamon Raisin Energy bars…we are all athletes in our house, so this definitely satisfies a sweet craving and gives an extra energy boost before or after practices! Thank you for all of your recipes…I check your site every week for new dishes! Haven’t tried one I didn’t like yet!
Tammy, thank you so much! I think it’s great you’re raising your family with healthy meals and teaching them that healthy can taste good! My favorite comments are when I’m told how the kids liked the recipes, because you know kids are honest when it comes to food. Thanks for stopping by to comment. It means a lot. :)
Thank you Trina!
You are welcome Tammy! ;)
Oh my goodness … a must for an upcoming birthday!
Oh my gosh