An incredible caramel-flavored sauce for paleo ice creams and fruit dips that’s so easy to make!
Only 5 ingredients, and no refined sugars – sweetened with raw maple syrup and natural coconut sugars.
Thick and sticky, this paleo caramel sauce recipe is ideal for frozen desserts or as a sweet dip for fresh fruit slices.
Caramel Flavored Topping Recipe
- 1 cup of coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp of raw maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Optional: 2 Tbsp of grass-fed butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add coconut milk, sugar, butter, maple syrup, and sea salt (all ingredients EXCEPT the vanilla)
- Bring mixture to a boil while stirring continuously
- Continue cooking for about 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla into the saucepan within the last couple of minutes of cooking
- Remove from cooktop
- Topping will continue to thicken while cooling
- Makes about 1 cup of caramel topping
- Store in small Mason jar or plastic container
- Keep refrigerated – should remain useable for about 2 weeks
- HINT: Try this one with my pumpkin pie frozen dessert: Pumpkin Pie "Ice Cream" with Caramel Flavored Topping (https://www.paleonewbie.com/pumpkin-pie-ice-cream-with-caramel-flavored-topping)