I’ve waited long enough…I say it’s officially slow cooker season here in the States! Time to drag those old Rival crock pots or fancy slow cookers out from the back shelves and get busy making some of the easiest and tastiest paleo family meals ever!
If you’re like me, your fall calendar is filling up fast. The holidays are coming and our to-do list seems to get longer by the day. That’s why it’s nice this time of year to have a “set it and forget it” slow-cooked meal waiting for you once in a while so you can relax after a long day.
Here’s my latest original paleo slow-cooker entrée…spicy shredded beef.
Let me just say I normally don’t eat a ton of beef. I prefer poultry or fish for my protein. But this recipe was the exception – it just tasted so good that I found it incredibly hard to resist.
I made this recipe as a spicy soft taco meal the first day, and then whipped up a quick paleo shredded beef and lettuce salad with it the second day. That’s one of the beauties of slow-cooked meals – leftovers!
If you want to enjoy this as a soft taco meal, you really need to check out my easy Paleo Tortillas.
Want the ultimate topping for your soft taco? Check out this simple Paleo Avocado-Cilantro-Lime Sauce – it’s really refreshing and the perfect match for this spicy shredded beef.
Paleo meal planning can change your life. Believe it or not, I don’t like to cook every day. I work weekdays like a lot of you, and I know stay-at-home moms are just as busy!
All it takes is a little extra effort and you can give yourself at least a day or two off from heavy kitchen duty during your workweek. I always try to make a big meal on Sundays along with a batch of egg muffins or paleo pancakes I can freeze for the next week.
Like most of the important things in our lives, living the paleo life is so much easier when you plan ahead.
I hope you try this awesome recipe. It’s really easy, and a little fiesta for your taste buds!
We used my paleo tortilla recipe for the soft tacos, but you can also tear off a big lettuce leaf and stuff the goodies inside if you want to keep your meal low carb.
I’ll also show you how to use this paleo shredded beef recipe to make a quick and yummy salad in a post later this week…so stay tuned for that.
Hope you enjoy! :)
Slow-Cooked Spicy Shredded Beef Paleo Recipe
Shredded Beef Taco Ingredients
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced small
- 1 jalapeño pepper. diced small
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- See "Paleo Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce Recipe" link in Notes
- See "Paleo Tortillas Recipe" link in Notes
- Season roast with salt and pepper and set aside
- Mix dry spices together (chili powder, cumin, paprika) and rub over both sides of roast
- Place roast in your slow cooker along with the garlic, onion and peppers
- Add remaining ingredients to pot (tomato paste, beef stock, lime juice) and pour over beef
- Cook on LOW (8-10 hours) or HIGH (4-6 hours) – meat should be tender and pull apart easily
- Shred meat with a fork and return to slow cooker. Mix shredded meat with the juices remaining in the slow cooker
- Make the paleo tortillas or use the shredded beef for a taco salad
- Top as desired with the avocado cilantro lime sauce