With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, I’ve got a new paleo recipe that’s so easy it will turn anyone into a master griller in minutes…
If you’ve been anxious to fire up your grill after a long winter, here’s a good one to kick-start the grilling season…especially if you have family or friends coming over for the holiday weekend.
This paleo and gluten-free chicken shish kabob meal comes together fast. All the cooking is done on the grill, but if the weather isn’t cooperating where you’re at, you can just as easily cook this one on an indoor electric stovetop grill.
These colorful chipotle lime chicken kabobs give you a complete meal on a stick. A little seasoned and marinated chipotle-lime chicken, some red onion, fresh pineapple, lime, and red pepper is about all you’ll need.
For a side dish, we grilled up some zucchini and used my Cool Dill Dip from my fried zucchini recipe to go along with those. So I think we’ve pretty much covered protein, fats, and healthy carbs all in one simple mouthwatering meal here! I love it when that happens! Don’t you?
This recipe makes enough for about 3 hungry people (around 8 grilled shish kabobs). So, if you have a big crowd coming over for the holiday, you can easily level-up on the recipe.
And keep in mind when you serve an awesome grilled paleo meal like this one, your guests may never want to go home! Choose your invites carefully my friends. :)
Enjoy the coming holiday weekend and watch for a treat later this week you can serve up for dessert!
Chipotle-Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs Paleo Recipe
Kabob Ingredients (all cut into roughly equal-size chunks)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1-2 medium red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp minced chipotle chilis in adobo sauce plus 2-3 tsp of sauce from the can
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 limes, juice and zest from both (should equal about 1/4 cup of lime juice)
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
Seasoning for Chicken
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
Optional Grilled Vegetable Side Dish
- 1-2 medium zucchini sliced in half, then quartered
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for about 30 minutes prior to cooking
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in small bowl
- Divide marinade in half (one half will be used to marinade the chicken, the other half you’ll use as a baste during grilling)
- Slice chicken into chunks and season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Place chicken chunks in a bowl and pour half the marinade over. Toss to coat and refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- Chop onion, pineapple, red pepper, zucchini (zucchini can be included on skewers or grilled separately)
- Preheat BBQ grill to medium heat (about 350F)
- Place marinated chicken and veggies on skewers
- Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through – turn and baste several times while grilling with the other half of the marinade you set aside
This is a wonderful recipe for summer! Another hit with our family. Thank you, Trina, for such awesome recipes. :-)
Thank YOU for trying the recipes! I really appreciate your comments and I love sharing recipes with people like you. :)
Thank you for the follow
Making it this weekend!
Lori, it’s yummy! :)
Looks awesome. We just made some! http://t.co/MNKTUSeA8i