Missing your favorite bar foods since going paleo? Well pull up a stool up to this paleo bar and dig into a plateful of these flavor-packed paleo nachos!
Whether it’s game day or just a rainy day, you’re going to want hearty paleo snacks. Here’s one of my favorites the whole family will love scooping up – and best of all, it’ll only take you about 20 minutes to make.
This recipe makes a pretty sizable batch – 4-6 servings. So depending on how hungry you are, this delicious plate of munchies could easily turn into a full-on paleo meal.
It’s a super-easy recipe too – especially if you’ve got a shaker filled with my homemade taco seasoning all ready to go. Or if you’ve already got a pre-made taco seasoning you like tucked in your cupboard, just grab that.
You will need to swing by the grocery store to pick up the other nacho necessities you’ll need…a good salsa, some guacamole, and unsweetened plantain chips. (Want to make any of these fresh? Try my Rocking Salsa, Favorite Guacamole and Plantain Chips recipes.)
Now all you have to do is sauté the veggies, brown the beef, add in the spices and pile it high with salsa, olives, guac and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Great as an anytime snack, or easy enough to make for a filling weeknight meal.
These nachos will leave you satisfied – minus the guilt or tummy ache that some of us get from corn tortilla chips and heavy cheese.
Enjoy this easy paleo recipe!
Easy Paleo & Gluten-Free Nachos Recipe
- 3/4 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 oz can of green chilies -OR- fresh chili peppers of your choice (I used a Hatch chili pepper for mine)
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning see my easy version below, or use pre-made
- 3-4 cups plantain chips
- 1/2 cup salsa pre-made
- 1/2 cup of guacamole pre-made
- 1/4 cup black olives drained and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
Taco Seasoning (optional homemade version…this will make more than you need, but you’ll use it in other paleo recipes!)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- If using the homemade taco seasoning above, whip that together first – just stir the spices to combine. You’ll be glad you have a jar of this good stuff handy in your spice rack for all kinds of recipes, but of course you can always use your favorite pre-made version instead
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat
- Add onions, and if you’re using a fresh chili pepper, add that now too. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until tender
- Next add your ground beef or turkey to the skillet along with 1 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning. Cook just until meat is cooked through.
- Next add 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste. And, if you’re using canned chilis instead of fresh, now’s the time to add those to the skillet. Simmer everything together just a few minutes and remove from heat
- Plate plantain chips along with taco meat mixture, salsa, olives, guacamole. Sprinkle with green onions and fresh cilantro