Here’s a really simple baked breakfast idea loaded with flavor that tastes as yummy as it looks.
There are only five main ingredients to this paleo dish: grated potatoes, some spicy chorizo, bell peppers, fresh eggs, and a little cooking oil.
One 9″ x 12″ baking dish and a skillet are about all the cookware you’ll need.
As you’ll see in the recipe, this dish takes a few trips to the oven, but it’s all very simple – we don’t need things too complicated, especially first thing in the morning.
And when it’s hot out of the oven and everyone’s ready to dig in, try adding a few slices of refreshing avocado to each individual serving – it’s the perfect complement to this dish.
When you’re in the mood to try something a little different for breakfast, go for this simple one – it’s all paleo, and it’s also Whole30 compliant – just be sure and choose a Whole30-approved chorizo.
Enjoy! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-wghnkl’]
- 3 cups grated white-fleshed sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pound ground chorizo
- 6 yellow & red pepper rings
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Grease a 9"x12" baking dish
- Place grated potatoes in a mixing bowl, season with salt & pepper to taste, and mix to distribute
- Transfer the potatoes to the baking dish, spread out to form a bottom layer, and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove dish from oven and set aside
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet on the stovetop to medium. Fry the chorizo with a little olive oil until cooked through. Add the cooked chorizo to the cooked potatoes in the baking dish, stir to mix, and place baking dish back in the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, then remove
- Slice peppers into rings and arrange them on top of the chorizo and potatoes in the baking dish Crack 1 fresh egg into each ring
- Return the baking dish to the oven, and bake just until eggs are set – about 10-15 minutes. Avoid overcooking the eggs
- Scoop out, serve on individual plates, and garnish with avocado slices