Hungry for a salad that’s stacked high with protein and flavor? This is it my paleo friends.
As you can see this is not a few wimpy leaves and a spritz of dressing.
This salad is a meal. You need an appetite – a pretty good one in fact – to really enjoy it.
Lots of protein and good fats share a plate here…including shrimp, eggs, bacon, and avocado.
This salad is what you crave when you finish one of those kick-butt workouts for the record books. Yep you earn this one.
And here’s what you’re really going to love about this paleo salad – it’s quick and easy. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-linerc’]
You boil some eggs, fry the bacon, and sauté the shrimp in the bacon fat.
You stir around a handful of ingredients and you’ve got your garlic vinaigrette.
That’s about it. So simple. So satisfying. So good.
I don’t know what else to say about this one – other than, enjoy!
- 4 strips of cooked bacon (reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat)
- 1 pound of shrimp, cleaned
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cups of greens (Recommended: Hearts of romaine + any mixed greens)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp paleo mayo
- 1 small to medium garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk all the garlic vinaigrette ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the bacon strips over medium heat, then place on paper towels to drain. Leave about one tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste, plus a teaspoon of garlic powder. Cook shrimp until opaque, about 3-4 minutes in the pan over medium heat, turning once.
- Arrange salad plates with greens, tomatoes, egg and avocado slices. Add shrimp to each plate and drizzle garlic vinaigrette over. Top salads with crumbled bacon and any other toppings you like. Enjoy!
Anything related to is really important