Give your next paleo chicken dinner some mouthwatering mojo with this super-easy poultry seasoning you can whip together in minutes…
Just 9 common herbs and spices are all you need to turn a humdrum chicken bake into a symphony of savory flavors. Paprika, garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, sage, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper – bet they’re in your spice rack right now.
Got chicken? Skin-on is best for this recipe. And we’re going to skip dousing your bird in oil right now too. So all you need to do is to generously sprinkle your chicken with the seasoning blend. Pat it on good, make sure it sticks. Then it goes into the oven skin-side up. Around 40 minutes later you’ve got moist, juicy chicken with a slightly crisp crust packed with flavor.
Oh but we’re not stopping there. There’s one more little thing you need to do to really top off this meal. A quick little mix of olive oil and lemon juice. Just whisk those two together and splash it right over your hot chicken – it’s just a little extra nudge that makes this chicken even more finger-lickin good.[av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-n816zi’]
You’ve got to try this seasoning mash-up. It reminds me a lot of a rotisserie chicken…you get that same kind of smoky roasted flavor without needing a grill and spit and an hour-and-a-half of basting and cooking time.
So in other words, you won’t find this one overpowering or too spicy…it’s just a nice, well-balanced, home-crafted seasoning mix that’s perfect for livening up poultry. Real simple, but real good. Everyone – kids included – will love this one I’m sure.
And because it’s not a flavor you’ll tire of easily, it’s ideal for meal prepping. (I packed up a couple of the pieces you see in the photo myself for office lunches last week – delish!) And let me tell you this chicken is the perfect match for just about any side from salads to veggies.
And by the way, this recipe will give you more seasoning than you actually need for an 8-piece chicken. So just be sure to store it in a sealable, shaker, jar, or even a plastic bag to keep it handy until next time.
Hope you give this easy paleo recipe a try, and as always, let me know what you think!
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic granulated
- 1 Tbsp onion granulated
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chopped parsley
- 1 whole chicken, pre-cut into pieces
- Mix herbs and spices together until well blended
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces well, covering all skin surfaces
- Place pieces in a baking dish skin side up
- Bake in 400ºF oven until cooked through (internal meat temperature of 165º F) which should take about 35-40 minutes. *NOTE: The white-meat pieces (breasts and wings) may finish cooking before the remaining dark meat pieces. If so, simply remove white meat pieces and allow the dark meat to continue cooking another 5 minutes or so until 165º F internal temperature is reached.
- For the final touch, mix a 1/4 cup of olive oil with juice from 1/2 lemon. Drizzle over baked pieces and sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves before serving
Important Info !
I’ve tried several of your recipes and they were all excellent. Thank you!!!