You can tell we’re closing in on the final days of summer here in the States…
School buses are back on the streets, bathing suits are half-price, and my Seattle Seahawks have returned to the field.
And that also means for many of you, the next few weeks may be the last chance you’ll have to fire up the grill before the cool and wet weather moves in.
So before you throw that tarp over the grill for the season, here’s an easy paleo chops and potato grilling recipe the whole family will love! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-7ekeb’]
Pork chops on the grill are a favorite of mine – they’re a tasty change from the usual burgers or chicken!
I came up with this easy paleo recipe on the fly when we found some quality chops on sale and I didn’t want to make grilling them a big production.
Just by pulling out a few standard seasonings from the spice rack and whipping up a quick honey-mustard sauce, we had a wonderful grilled meal!
The sweet potato wedges get a nice dusting of cinnamon and paprika – an unusual combo I know, but wow does it work! A little heat and savory flavor together with salt and pepper is all you need.
And grilling the wedges is so simple. Just keep an eye on them to prevent burning, and turn them every few minutes.
Basting the chops with a very simple honey mustard sauce (also paleo and gluten-free) was an afterthought for this one, but both my husband and I love the extra flavor it adds to the pork. Again, you get a little spice from the paprika sprinkled on the chops, and then just a little sweetness from the honey mustard sauce. Yum!
I hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy some family and friends time this Labor Day weekend. Drink in the last days of summer, because you know in the blink of an eye you’ll be looking at the holidays!
- 2 raw sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt & pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt & pepper
- 5 tbs raw honey
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Serves 4
- First combine the honey mustard ingredients, then divide it into two small bowls and set aside
- Next mix the dry potato seasonings together in a small bowl
- Slice potatoes and place wedges in a medium bowl. Sprinkle potato seasonings over, coat with olive oil, then toss together
- Pre-heat grill to medium
- Season both sides of chops with paprika, salt and pepper
- Place potato wedges on grill, turning often until tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness)
- While the potato wedges are grilling, place pork chops on grill and baste with one of the containers you set aside of the honey-mustard sauce. Turn and baste chops until cooked through (usually about 5-7 minutes per side)
- Serve chops brushed with extra honey-mustard sauce from the unused container, and add the potato wedges
- Garnish with chopped green onions if desired
Thanks so much!
My family LOVED it! Thank you for sharing!
That’s awesome…thank you so much!
OMG i am definately gonna add this in my blog
Great Susan — enjoy!
Making this tomorrow.
Cool Derek! Let me know what you think! :)
We made this last night and it was a hit with everyone. One question for the future about grilling the Sweet Potatoes. Did you do them in a grill basket or on tin foil? Ours got a little overdone for some of them! Thanks!
Hi Beth, you could probably do them in a basket. We put them on the grill away from the really hot heat. Then we just watched them close. I’m glad you like the recipe! :)
Thanks Paige! I hope you find some recipes you enjoy!
Just found this site! It looks awesome!!