Simple and delicious cauliflower alternative to grain rice with a light lime flavor. Use broth to add a more savory flavor, or can be cooked with water.
I recommend using a food processor or blender to make quick work of ricing the cauliflower head.
This paleo and grain-free alternative to traditional rice offers a really exceptional taste I think you’ll really like.
Your cauliflower rice can easily be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this paleo rice recipe. As always, let me know what you think!
Paleo Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Simple paleo recipe for a quick, grain-free cauliflower "rice" alternative. Cilantro, lime and chicken broth make this cauli rice extra tasty!
- Food processor or a blender recommended to "rice" the cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower "riced" — chopped in very small pieces about the size of grain rice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or you can use water)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 limes juice and zest
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro – leaves only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop a head of cauliflower and place chunks in a food processor or pulse blender
- Pulse until it turns into particles resembling rice – this should happen pretty quickly
- In a medium-sized pan, add the 1/4 cup broth (or water) and heat over medium to medium-high heat
- Add the cauliflower “rice”
- Add the 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- The cauliflower contains a lot of moisture. You’ll notice it will start to steam in the pot. Just watch it and stir occasionally
- Continue to cook the cauliflower rice for 10-12 minutes
- Taste the cauliflower for a “rice” consistency
- Once the rice is done, stir in the juice and zest of 2 limes, add the cilantro, then salt and pepper to taste
- Serve as a side dish, or as a bed for a meat or fish entrée