Got a tableful of big appetites to satisfy first thing in the morning? Not a problem with this bold and beautiful one-skillet paleo frittata packed with meat and veggies you could be dishing out in about 30 minutes.
I love frittatas because they’re a really simple, no-fuss way to feed a hungry crowd.
Chop some veggies, shred the potato, crack some eggs, grab a skillet, do a little sautéing and you’ve got a breakfast that goes from stovetop to oven to plate surprisingly fast.
And this one is especially tasty – the ground chorizo will wake up everyone’s taste buds with a spicy little kick.
Prep for this one is mainly slicing and dicing the vegetables, and the sweet potato needs to be peeled and grated. But that’s just part of the fun that comes with making a wholesome frittata…and it’s why this classic Italian skillet meal in all its many variations has been so popular for so long.
Just remember to choose an oven-proof skillet, and ideally one that’s non-stick. And once you put your skillet in the oven, never forget that handle is HOT! Remember to use an oven mitt or pot holder to pull it out. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-nh2z8e’]
Slice and garnish with avocado slices and this paleo frittata makes for an amazing non-dairy paleo breakfast.
Have leftovers? Lucky you…wrap or bag each slice (after it’s completely cooled) and freeze!
Hope you enjoy this one…and as always, drop me a note below and let me know what you think.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground chorizo
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded (raw) sweet potatoes
- 7 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish – avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In an oven-proof non-stick skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, add chorizo and cook until browned. Remove chorizo from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions and bell pepper. Sauté 3-4 minutes and then add mushrooms. Season with a little salt and pepper as desired. Cook until moisture is absorbed and mushrooms are tender. Add minced garlic and stir one more minute.
- Add the cooked chorizo back into the skillet along with the raw shredded sweet potato. Stir to mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, oregano, and a dash or two of salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour egg mixture over skillet contents and stir. Immediately transfer skillet to 350º F oven and bake 20-25 minutes uncovered, or until egg is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, slice into servings, garnish with avocado slices and enjoy!
Who else thinks good info is cool ?
Link to this easy frittata recipe: https://www.paleonewbie.com/easy-chorizo-sweet-potato-paleo-frittata-recipe