Here’s another delicious answer to the most common question we get at Paleo Newbie: ‘What’s for lunch?’
We’ll keep coming up with easy and satisfying paleo lunch recipes to help you along, especially if you’re not big on brown-bagging leftovers.
This is one of my favs. It’s a light and nutritious meal that combines chicken, veggies, and fruit with a yummy paleo mayo dressing for a simple pack-up-and-go lunch. Quick, easy, and rich in healthy omega 3s. And this recipe makes enough to squeeze a few extra meals out of it.
When it comes to preparing a well-balanced paleo lunch to power your body and mind, carrot sticks and celery stalks just won’t cut it. Eating plenty of healthy fats and protein is key to getting you through your busy day.
We want to help you build a strong body with the energy you need to hit the gym or exercise mat after your workday, or at the very least, make it home with enough fuel left in the tank to take care of your busy family.
We know it’s important to you, and you’re important to us. So we will do our best to keep simple paleo recipes like this one coming your way.
After all, you’re why we’re here! :)
P.S. If you’re interested in the snazzy stainless steel bento box featured in the photo, here’s a direct link (our affiliate link) to check it out on Amazon.com.
Paleo Chicken, Apple & Grape Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- Immersion Blender (to prepare the optional paleo mayo dressing)
- 4 cups shredded or cubed chicken – I used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 4 avocados – halved
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 apple cored and chopped – I used Granny Smith
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp finely-chopped shallot or red onion (include more if you like)
Mayo Dressing (Note: contains raw egg; use your own favorite jarred mayo or other dressing if you prefer)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl
- To make the dressing, use an immersion blender in a tall container. Mix the egg, oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey
- Salt and pepper salad to taste
- Add anything you want to the basic mayo dressing – herbs, honey, or whatever!
- Mix the mayo into your salad – as much or as little as you like
- Spoon into avocado halves