Here you go…stacks of awesome-tasting AND super-healthy paleo pancakes – inspired by a Paleo Newbie reader!
Looking for a nutritious and tasty gluten-free pancake to serve your family – free of added sugar? You’ve got to try these!
This easy paleo recipe was actually the brilliant idea of a Paleo Newbie reader. She took our popular banana-carrot muffins recipe and created a pancake she says has become a family favorite.
Like I keep saying, you all inspire me every day with recipes I would have never thought of myself! Thank you for the wonderful ideas and suggestions for future paleo recipes – keep sending them my way!
So for this recipe I used a couple of nice ripe bananas which naturally gave the pancakes plenty of sweetness – no added sweeteners needed for this one. And I should mention, these paleo pancakes are also Whole30 compliant (sans the syrup) if you’re following that program.
I think you’re going to love how these hot cakes taste – kind of like carrot cake (which has always been one of my favorite desserts!)
Just for fun I added raisins to my batch which made them all that more awesome. You could also add some chopped nuts for a little crunch if you like.
If you’ve tried out my apple cinnamon pancakes, these will be similar in size and texture.
You should get about 8 small pancakes out of this recipe – so for larger, hungrier families I’m sure you’ll want to at least double the recipe.
These banana-carrot paleo pancakes are quick and easy. You probably have all the ingredients you need in your paleo fridge right now. And by the way, you can freeze your extra pancakes to reheat and enjoy later.
So get to cooking peeps – and keep those paleo recipe ideas coming!
Paleo Banana-Carrot Pancakes Recipe
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Coconut oil as needed for cooking
- Optional: 1/4 cup raisins
- First grate your carrots (1 cup total) and set aside
- In a medium bowl, mash the 2 bananas with a fork
- Next whisk the 2 eggs separately, then add to the bananas
- Stir the bananas and whisked eggs to blend
- Next add the almond butter, cinnamon, allspice, vanilla and stir well
- Finally fold in the cup of grated carrots, and optional raisins
- Heat a shallow layer of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat, and ladle or pour in the pancake batter to form small pancakes. Note: Make these a little smaller than a traditional pancake. (They shouldn’t be any wider than your spatula.) They will cook more evenly and be easier to flip that way
- Top with fresh fruit or raw maple syrup
- Makes about 8 small pancakes. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make more