I hope all our U.S. friends had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Like many of you, we wanted to throw something on the grill…
I have to admit, grilling season here in Arizona is pretty much year round, and I love it! I take total advantage of it because it’s such a quick and easy way to make a tasty, fast and healthy meal without heating up the kitchen.
I wanted something on the lighter side plus I need to add more appetizers to my collection of paleo recipes. So we grilled some bacon-wrapped shrimp with a lime marinade, a little chipotle seasoning, and a sliver of fresh jalapeno to add a little kick to each succulent bite.
These were awesome, and they could just as easily be baked in the oven – a versatile paleo recipe for any occasion. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-9k31v’]
Since we made these as kabobs, it was a no brainer to put some veggies on a stick as well and grill them the same way.
We added our spicy avocado sauce as a side to the grilled veggies, and the result was a super-easy shrimp and veggie paleo dinner.
Tomorrow ill post the veggie kabobs, so look for those.
These two recipes paired together or with your other favorites will be a sure winner!
- 16 large shrimp (about 1 lb)
- 8 strips of uncooked bacon, each cut in half
- 1 jalapeno, green
- Skewers (pre-soak in water if wooden)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1-2 gloves of garlic, minced
- Chipotle powdered seasoning
- Peel and de-vein shrimp
- Mix marinade ingredients in small bowl or Ziplock plastic bag, add cleaned shrimp, and allow to marinade for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- After the shrimp has marinated, pre-heat oven to 400-degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with foil
- Cut your 8 slices of uncooked bacon in half, and place on cookie sheet
- Next pre-cook bacon slices in the oven for about 8 minutes (you don't want them crisp, just partially cooked and still limp)
- While bacon is cooking, remove seeds from jalapeno and cut into long, thin strips
- Remove bacon and let cool for a few minutes
- Pre-heat barbecue grill - medium heat
- Sprinkle shrimp pieces with chipotle seasoning
- Tightly wrap a half-strip of the partially-cooked bacon around a piece of shrimp and a slice or two of the jalepeno
- Insert skewer through the wrapped shrimp so it holds the bacon and jalepeno firmly in place
- Repeat with each shrimp
- Cook on grill - about 3 minutes each side, or until bacon is cooked and shrimp is opague
- Remove from skewers, serve hot, and enjoy!
where do I find recipes for the Paleo diet for crohns?
Jo Lynn, send me a email @paleonewbie.com and I will see what I can do to help.
These were excellent. I didn’t have jalapenos so I used what I had on hand which was mild pepper rings, but it was still very good. I will make these again! Thank you so much!!
Yay Carrie! great idea with the pepper rings. Just gives it a little zing…I’m so glad you like them! :)
oh my. had to wipe drool off myself. :-)