If the sun’s not shining for you right now, it will be when you whip up this easy and fresh paleo salad recipe full of bright summer flavors.
I recently received my first delivery of flash-frozen wild-caught fish from Sizzlefish! Having grown up in the Northwest where my dad often came home with dinner freshly caught from the bay, I’m so excited to cook up some awesome seafood here in Arizona! I’ve got a great variety in my freezer so you can look forward to some more yummy paleo seafood recipes coming up soon.
For my Sizzlefish shrimp, I decided to keep it simple. This is an easy and delicious salad with quick-grilled shrimp I know you’re going to love – especially tasty for those hot summer months.
This one’s a beauty too! It would be a great dish for entertaining a crowd or just impressing your guests with a fancy first course. The hubs and I enjoyed it for lunch and we both just wanted more. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-uxctgv’]
The sunny mango vinaigrette is so good it really should be a recipe all by itself. It’s bright and slightly tangy – a perfect compliment to the shrimp and fresh veggies in the salad. Even if you’re not a big fan of shrimp, keep this vinaigrette in mind for other dishes…it would be just as awesome with grilled salmon or even chicken. Think outside the box and make this mango paleo vinaigrette recipe your own!
This is the perfect meal to serve when your taste buds are craving something light and sunny. Share it with the people you love around the table and show them you can rock it!
Check out Sizzlefish for your shrimp and I hope you give this awesome paleo salad recipe a try real soon.
And as always, let me know what you think!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mango, diced (can be fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbs fresh orange juice
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper - just a dash of each
- 2 cups of mango, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 8 cups salad greens – your choice (I used mixed spring)
- Start with the marinade, combine ingredients, then add mixture to a container or plastic bag with the shrimp. Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or just until you've made the vinaigrette
- Next make the vinaigrette – just combine the ingredients and stir well
- Assemble skewers, alternating shrimp and chopped peppers, then drizzle each with olive oil
- Grill skewers over medium heat about 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque
- Assemble salad, top with shrimp skewers, and drizzle vinaigrette over as desired
Michelle but with chicken instead of shrimp?
Shrimp is good
looks yummy but wouldnt we have to grill it?
Yes, but we could always do it on the skillet or in the oven.
cooool alright we will make that next
Minus the mangos, because I don’t like fruit in my salads.
LOL okay :)
Rick Matthew Zablocki!!! ❤