When I got home from work tired and hungry, I was looking for something easy but with a delightful little twist to it…
So, I came up with a simple dry rub and fun little paleo salsa to go on top of a couple of pork chops we had waiting in the fridge.
I took a look at what was available in our fruit and veggie bins and winged this recipe on the spot. I was pleasantly surprised how well the topping turned out and the dry rub was really tasty when hubby brought the chops back sizzling from the grill.
Sorry about the low-quality camera phone photo on this impromptu recipe, but I can assure you both the paleo rub and salsa are really quite good.
It might be fun to take this basic paleo recipe and improvise on your own to see what tasty combinations you can come up with – you might just surprise yourself!
Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Chili Pepper Salsa
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 lime
- 2 small chili’s such as jalapeno or serrano – I like red jalapenos
- 4 spears fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl. This is your dry rub.
- Take chops out and add salt and pepper. Squeeze lime over all and let set 10 min.
- Slice onion and chop peppers.
- Add dry rub to chops. Heat grill.
- Put chops on the grill. Do not over cook. Check often to avoid flare-ups. Once you turn over pork chops on the grill, go to the next step.
- On the grill or in a pan on the stove, saute the onions, pepper and pineapple over medium heat until onions are tender. On a grill, wait for some nice grill marks in your pineapple.
- At the very end of grilling the pork chops, brush with honey on both sides and cook for just a minute more. Again, watch for grill flare-ups to avoid burning. Remove chops from grill, and allow to set for a few minutes.
- Once pineapple is done, remove from heat, add onions and peppers, a squeeze of lime, and serve over pork chops.
- This is so good! Include grilled veggies for the perfect Paleo side dish!