Looking for a fun treat to share with your sweetie this Valentine’s Day – or any day?
This super-simple gluten-free scone recipe is great because it’s a little something you can share together in the morning over a cup of coffee.
This is basically my gluten-free biscuit recipe with chocolate chips and cranberries added to create a simple treat.
One of our brilliant readers said she enjoyed the biscuits with chocolate and they were awesome. Well, she was right! I’m also a big fan of cranberries so I added those too.
You don’t have to make these scones in a heart-shaped muffin tin – just drop the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop and flatten them in your hand. They don’t have to be fancy to be tasty!
I’ve held back on the honey in these so they’re not too sweet and taste just like a delicious scone should.
You, however, can be as sweet as you want to your honey this Valentine’s Day :)
Easy Cranberry & Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dark mini-chocolate chips
- 3 eggs – whisked
- 1/4 cup organic butter – melted
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey
- Makes about 8-9 scones
- First combine all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips and cranberries) in a medium-sized bowl
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine all wet ingredients
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl
- Mix together – the mixture should be a little sticky, somewhere between a batter and a dough
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips and dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease a muffin tin if you have one, or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin wells. Or, if you're baking these on a cookie sheet, use a scoop to form the scones and drop onto the parchment paper then lightly flatten until scones are about 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
- Bake about 15 minutes until edges are golden (oven cooking times vary so just keep an eye on them!)
- Enjoy warm out of the oven. Drizzle or dip in raw honey if desired