In a guest post on Chris Kresser’s excellent website, nutritionist Kelsey Marksteiner, RD, talks about how the modern world can be a hostile environment for your adrenal glands.
When you’re stressed, your adrenal glands pump the hormone cortisol throughout your body. Serious problems can develop when it’s difficult to put a cork in cortisol due to constant day to day stress.
You may be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome if you:
- Wake up unrested
- Find it difficult to handle stress
- Experience brain fog or diminished cognitive abilities
- Feel dizzy when you stand up or lay down
- Have a low libido
- Any allergic reactions you already have get worse
- Have low blood pressure
- Suffer from low blood sugar
- Feel weaker than usual overall
So what can you do to lower your stress levels?
Kelsey’s top tips for reducing chronic stress include:
- Get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep each night
- Limit your exposure to blue light (computer/smartphone screens) especially in the evening
- Eat regularly without going too long between meals
- Enjoy a breakfast that includes plenty of protein
- Don’t skip the carbs – eat plenty of fruit and starchy tubers too
- Always eat protein and fat along with your carbs
- Try a de-stressor such as meditation or yoga
[av_font_icon icon=’ue871′ font=’entypo-fontello’ style=” caption=” link=” linktarget=” size=’40px’ position=’left’ color=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-1jhlsrb’][/av_font_icon] TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE, VISIT CHRIS KRESSOR’S PAGE HERE
[av_hr class=’short’ height=’50’ shadow=’shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’10px’ custom_margin_bottom=’10px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_class=” av_uid=’av-12sta7r’]
[av_button label=’Back To All Paleo News Stories’ link=’manually,http://paleonewbie.com/paleo-news-page’ link_target=” size=’medium’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue880′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’red’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ custom_class=” av_uid=’av-1twwjb’]