Think of carrots as the vegetable world’s “healthy junk food”…they’re sweet. crunchy, neon orange, ideal for dipping, and if you’re munching from a bag of baby carrots, there’s no way you can eat just one.
Besides being fun to eat, carrots may offer an impressive array of health benefits. Here are the top 10 from a more detailed article you can read on organic facts.net…see link below.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Carrots
- Heart Disease Prevention: Studies show raw carrots can help lower bad cholesterol in the body which could in turn lessen the risk of a heart attack.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Carrots are a great source of potassium which can act as a vasodilator to relax blood vessels and arteries which can improve overall blood flow and circulation. Also, the coumarin in carrots may help reduce hypertension for even more heart protection.
- Immune System Booster: Carrots contain many antiseptic and antibacterial properties that give the immune system a big boost. Plus carrots are a great source of Vitamin C which helps maintain healthy white blood cells.
- Improved Digestion: Like most vegetables, carrots offer large amounts of dietary fiber which helps maintain good digestive health. In fact, some studies have shown eating carrots may help protect the colon and stomach from serious diseases including colorectal cancer.
- May Ward Off Cancer: Some studies have shown the beta-carotene in carrots may lower the risk of developing some cancers — possibly by as much as 40 percent just by eating a carrot a day. One study suggests women who regularly eat carrots may significantly lower their risk of developing breast cancer.
- Lower Risk of Macular Degeneration: Beta-carotene like that found in carrots (used by your body to make Vitamin A) may lessen the risk of developing macular degeneration – a very common debilitating eye disease of the elderly.
- Healthy Sight: While carrots may not help you see better at night, the tuber is a good source of Vitamin A which is essential for eye health.
- A Healthy Mouth: Carrots stimulate the gums and cause excess saliva which in turn helps combat harmful bacteria and foreign bodies in the mouth which might otherwise lead to cavities and bad breath.
- Reduced Stroke Risk: A carrot a day may keep strokes away. Studies show consuming beta-carotene (the Vitamin A precusor in carrots) regularly may reduce the risk of having a stroke by as much as 68 percent.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: The carotenoids in carrots help lower the body’s blood sugar, particularly helpful to diabetics who want to lead a more normal life.
[av_font_icon icon=’ue871′ font=’entypo-fontello’ style=” caption=” link=” linktarget=” size=’40px’ position=’left’ color=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-1gjicsb’][/av_font_icon] READ A MORE DETAILED ARTICLE ON THE MANY HEALTHY BENEFITS OF CARROTS HERE.
[av_hr class=’short’ height=’50’ shadow=’shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’10px’ custom_margin_bottom=’10px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_class=” av_uid=’av-1bi1fln’]
[av_button label=’Back To All Paleo News Stories’ link=’manually,https://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-news-page’ link_target=” size=’medium’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue880′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’red’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ custom_class=” av_uid=’av-k9mxqz’]