“Party hearty” takes on a whole new meaning when you serve these juicy, delicious and really easy paleo meatball appetizers at your next get-together…
You’ll wow a hungry crowd with these babies – a tasty, kinda spicy meatball on a stick they can really sink their teeth into!
There’s nothing dainty or froufrou about these paleo and gluten-free hors d’oeuvres…just a round and robust teriyaki flavored meatball topped with a fresh chunk of pineapple.
These are actually a miniature version of our popular Paleo Teriyaki Burgers, with a little bit of almond flour added as binder to hold these tasty little morsels together. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-39jc0r’]
You simply mix the ingredients, brown the meatballs for about 4 minutes in a frying pan, then place them in the oven to finish cooking.
Just remember to leave yourself a little extra prep time to whip up a batch of my Soy-Free Paleo Teriyaki Sauce first…it’s the special ingredient that makes these teriyaki meatball appetizers 100% paleo – and so good!
That’s it! Easy recipe…great paleo-approved appetizer for your next party!
- 1/4 cup Soy-Free Paleo Teriyaki Sauce <(link to recipe)
- 1 lb grass-fed beef (or ground meat of your choice)
- Salt & pepper (to season the meat)
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Fresh pineapple, sliced into chunks
- Toothpicks/hors d'oeuvres picks
- Prepare the Soy-Free Paleo Teriyaki Sauce first
- Chop the green onions
- In a medium bowl, season ground meat with salt and pepper, add the cayenne pepper, and hand mix
- Next add the almond flour and chopped onions, and again hand mix into the meat
- Finally pour a 1/4 cup of Soy-Free Paleo Teriyaki Sauce over the meat and gently hand mix
- Form individual meatballs by hand about 1" or so in diameter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º F
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the meatballs for about 4 minutes total – basting with extra Soy Free Teriyaki Sauce the last couple of minutes
- Transfer meatballs to wire racks placed inside a cookie sheet
- Bake meatballs at 350º F for about 18-20 minutes, or until meat is cooked through
- Insert toothpick with a chunk of pineapple through each meatball
- Serve with extra Soy Free Teriyaki Sauce on the side if desired
Wow! That looks great!
OMG … want this RIGHT NOW!