Tired of the cold and need a little sunshine and warmth in your life? This chicken and salsa paleo recipe is a great place to start.
Get the family together and have a little picnic around the dining room table with this easy, island-inspired grilled (or baked) chicken dish bursting with colorful flavors like fields of wild flowers in the spring.
This one is really very simple and quick – just an easy marinade for the chicken plus a salsa that takes only minutes to make. Everything you need for it you can surely find at your local supermarket right now – no need to wait until the snow melts to bring home an early taste of spring.
The fresh salsa will wake up your taste buds with its fresh flavors of strawberry, avocado, and lime…plus a little extra zip at the end from the jalepeño and onion. Oh and there’s a bit of cilantro in the salsa too – gotta love the freshness that herb brings to the mix! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-25ertj’]
We grilled our chicken, but if your barbecue is buried in the snow, you can just as easily season and bake the chicken in your oven.
We enjoyed our marinated chicken on a little bed of fresh baby greens, and shoveled loads of that tangy salsa on top.
It was a wonderful and easy paleo meal I plan on making over and over again no matter what season it is.
Whip up this easy-peasy paleo recipe soon. You just might taste a little bit of sunshine in every bite!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp of seeded jalapeño, minced
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix dry seasonings together (chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper) and season both sides of chicken breasts
- In a separate small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic and cilantro and pour into a large Ziplock or similar sealable bag
- Add chicken to bag, and allow to marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or more
- Toss together all salsa ingredients and store in fridge until chicken is grilled
- Grill chicken over medium high heat (375º - 450º F) about 5 minutes per side, or until done (internal temperature 160º F). Remove from heat and allow to rest a few minutes
- Serve with strawberry-avocado over the chicken, or to the side
Just made this for dinner tonight. Fabulous! I already had some cooked chicken so just made the salsa and served the chicken over a bed of spinach. Beautiful presentation–looked fussy, but so simple to make!
Awesome Denise…glad you liked it, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment :)
That sounds delicious!
Tina Garrison Nichols