Here you go peeps, our latest fall paleo bread recipe. The pumpkin bread recipe was a big hit, so I worked hard to make sure the next one out of the oven would be just as good…
This grain and gluten-free paleo recipe came out of a challenge I had on Twitter to make a loaf of zucchini bread. Those of you who have followed me for a while know I do my best to meet those challenges.
Well, I won’t say this one was easy. In fact, I tried three different versions before declaring this one a winner. My goal is to make paleo bread recipes that are moist and flavorful and just as good as the non-paleo goodies.
Okay, who are we kidding? I want them to be better! :)
I added some unsweetened cocoa powder to the mix on this one because, well I’m not sure why. It just sounded good. And wow, it is!
My husband asked, “Is there zucchini in this recipe?” I said, “Duh. It’s zucchini bread!” He was surprised because it was so light and delicious. And that’s fine by me. Score!
(And by the way, if you haven’t had a baked muffin or bread with shredded zucchini in it before – don’t let that stop you from trying this one. Like my hubby, chances are you’ll never know it’s there!)
This one’s so easy to make. It’s moist, not too dense, and has just the right amount of chocolate flavor. (Serve it to your friends – betcha they’ll never suspect it’s a paleo recipe!)
Hope you enjoy it!
My job is done here. Now on to the next challenge!
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup of pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease bread pan (I used an 8-inch disposal aluminum pan)
- With a hand grater or food processor, shred 1 cup of zucchini. (One medium-sized zucchini makes about one cup)
- Important: Pat shredded zucchini with paper towels to remove some of the excess moisture
- In a medium bowl, first mix all of the above dry ingredients together
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all the above wet ingredients
- Now mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients' bowl
- Fold in zucchini and nuts (save a few nuts to sprinkle on top of the bread if you like)
- Pour mixture into greased bread pan
- Bake at 350-degrees F for 35-45 minutes (check doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the bread to make sure it comes out clean)
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!