Wake up your taste buds with these easy, veggie-packed paleo fritters and get your morning off to an awesome start…
Got a few extra minutes to whip up something special for breakfast?
Try these no-fuss fritters! They’re packed with flavor – and a really healthy serving of fresh veggies.
And did I mention they have bacon in them – and they’re fried in bacon fat? Bet you’re sold now!
These hot little numbers really are crazy good. And once you get the veggies grated and chopped and the bacon fried, these take just minutes to whip up and fry.
When you cook the bacon, be sure and save the bacon fat…you’ll need it to fry these up. If that seems like a bit too much bacon fat for breakfast, then feel free to fry these in healthy coconut oil instead.
I’d recommend using a non-stick skillet. And watch your pan’s temperature – a medium to medium-high setting should work fine, but you may need to adjust the temperature to prevent burning. And don’t crowd your pan with all of them all at once…make sure your leave enough room for your spatula to get in there and flip them.
This is a super-easy paleo breakfast recipe…and the fritters have such a hearty, slightly spicy flavor thanks to the bacon and seasonings.
And who says they’re just for breakfast? These paleo fritters would make a great side dish to spice up just about any meal!
It’s the perfect time of year to make these too…the early summer’s produce is usually at its best in the grocery stores about now. If you’re lucky enough to have a backyard garden, you probably have zucchini coming out your ears.
Try these! Enjoy a breakfast that’s healthy, easy, and delicious – that’s the best way to start your day!
Paleo Bacon Zucchini Carrot Breakfast Fritters Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 3-4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (Note: you may want to reduce the salt if you're cooking fritters in bacon fat)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat and crumble. (Set aside 2-3 tbs of the bacon fat to cook the fritters – or coconut oil can be used instead)
- Grate the zucchini and carrot and chop the green onions. (Gently blot the zucchini with a paper towel to remove excess moisture)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the egg, then add in the zucchini, carrots, green onions and stir
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (coconut flour, salt and paprika)
- Now pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Stir, then combine mixture with hands
- Next sprinkle in the crumbled bacon and combine
- Heat the 2-3 tablespoons of reserved bacon fat (or coconut oil) in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup for each fritter, scoop up the batter and form into about 5 individual patties
- Carefully place 2-3 patties in the skillet at a time with heated oil
- Fry each patty 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden
- Serve hot and enjoy!