Are you wiped out from all the shopping, cooking and wrapping you have done these past couple of weeks? Maybe even a little forgetful…
I feel your pain. So much so that my husband asked me just last night if I ever planned on posting the paleo thumbprint cookie recipe I came up with – over a month ago! Oops!
Oh well, hopefully this easy little gluten-free recipe is better late than never! The saving grace in all of this recipe only needs a handful of ingredients, and you probably have them in your cupboard right now! And if you have a good quality jam in the fridge, you’re so good to go. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-2vjlfo’]
This one is a classic holiday cookie, made paleo-style and gluten-free so you can enjoy some holiday goodies right along with your family! This one also includes an optional dark chocolate drizzle which is really good, but if it feels like a bit much for this simple cookie, just skip it.
So make these easy gluten-free cookies, take a breather, and enjoy a little treat along with your favorite holiday beverage.
And don’t forget to leave a few out for Santa! :)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp of butter or ghee, softened
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A raspberry jam, homemade or good quality store-bought
- Optional: 1/4 cup of dark chocolate, melted (we used Enjoy Life brand mini-chips)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl (except the chocolate)
- Place dough in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into small balls
- Press your thumb into the center of each dough ball
- Fill each thumbprint with a little raspberry jam
- Bake on parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes (cookie edges should be a light golden brown)
- Remove and let cool on rack completely before next optional step
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and melt
- Spoon melted chocolate into a small Ziplock or similar plastic sandwich bag
- Snip off one corner of the plastic bag, and and press chocolate through opening to drizzle over cookies as desired
- Let cool and enjoy!