Get ready to grab a handful of healthy goodness with this easy paleo recipe for light and luscious salmon lettuce wrap tacos.
These are yummy, nutritious, Whole30 compliant, and so very simple to make.
Grill some salmon, pop the pieces into a buttery green cup, add a layer of fresh coleslaw mix, and finally top it all with this sensational Avocado Sauce. That’s all there is to it!
For the grilled fish seasoning, I used my Everyday Seasoning Salt. It adds another layer of savoriness to the grilled salmon – but just about any seasoning you have handy that complements fish will do the trick.
For my “soft shell” tacos, I chose butter (bibb) lettuce. A great alternative would be Romaine leaves or even plain old iceberg lettuce would work too.
For the fixings in this paleo fish wrap, I simply went with a fresh coleslaw mix. Shredded cabbage or shredded carrots are good alternatives if a pre-packaged slaw mix isn’t your thing. Just a little lime juice, fresh cilantro, oil and a dash of salt is about all you need to jazz up the crunchy slaw mix. Toss in a sliced Anaheim or jalapeño pepper if you want to turn up the heat a little.
If grilling season has already passed you by, no worries.
You can oven bake your seasoned and oiled salmon fillets. Just place them skin-side down in a greased baking dish and cook at 400ºF for around 14-18 minutes.
Or, you can easily pan fry your fillets. First, put them skin-side up in a frying pan with a little oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes until lightly seared, then flip the fillets over and cook skin-side down until the flesh feels slightly firm to the touch.
This recipe makes such an easy, healthy, and light meal. Not a lot of carbs, plenty of protein, healthy omega-3, and an awesome avocado sauce that really takes these paleo salmon lettuce wraps to the next level.
That’s it friends. Just a simple paleo lunch or light dinner entrée you can whip up in no time. There’s plenty of room in this recipe to get creative and add your own personal touches, so have some fun with it.
Enjoy! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Easy Paleo Grilled Salmon & Lettuce Wrap Tacos with Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 1 to 2 tbsp Everyday Seasoning Salt, recipe link here
- 2 fresh salmon filets (to grill or pan fry)
- 1/4 cup Avocado Sauce, recipe link here
- 2 to 3 cups pre-packaged cole slaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 head of butter lettuce (aka Boston or bibb lettuce)
- 1 orange, sliced into sections (optional seasoning)
- To save time, you can prepare the Everyday Seasoning Salt and Avocado Sauce before starting (See recipe links to those below)
- Season salmon fillets generously with Everyday Seasoning Salt (or your favorite seasoning). Pat fillet lightly to adhere and drizzle each with a little olive oil or avocado oil
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill salmon 5-8 minutes, turning once. Cook just until fillets easily flake but are still moist. Remove from grill and set aside temporarily to cool. (Instead of grilling, salmon fillets can be pan-fried or baked if desired)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cole slaw mix (or shredded cabbage) with chopped cilantro leaves and juice of 1 lime. Salt to taste
- Rinse butter lettuce leaves, and spin-dry in salad spinner, or lightly blot dry with paper towels. Select the best cup-shaped leaves to create your lettuce wrap tacos
- Break apart cooled salmon fillets. Place salmon pieces inside lettuce wrap tacos, and sprinkle each with the cole slaw mixture
- Finish each lettuce wrap taco with a healthy drizzle of Avocado Sauce