Fast, throw-together paleo meals don’t get much simpler than this – shredded chicken on a hot baked sweet potato slathered with tangy paleo barbecue sauce.
This hearty all-in-one paleo meal couldn’t be much easier – especially if you do it the lazy way: use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. That’s what I did because sometimes I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen…especially when I’m hungry. And if you happen to have some pre-baked sweet potatoes on hand, well you’ve got yourself a heat and eat meal that can be ready in minutes!
So I guess this is less of a recipe and more of a quick paleo meal idea when you get right down to it.
All you have to do is bake the spuds and maybe whip up a quick batch of barbecue sauce if you don’t have any good paleo-approved stuff around.
I’d suggest you try this awesome sauce: Tangy Paleo BBQ Sauce. It’s all paleo and takes just a few minutes to make. There’s some sweetness to it from the raw honey in there and it will give your taste buds a little playful zip at the end! You can also pour it on pork, burgers, or just about anything. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-2doovb’]
By the way, the stuffed potato in the photo is a white sweet potato rather than an orange-colored yam. If you’re not familiar with them, they’re a bit less sweet and a little more starchy than a yam – something a little different you might want to try if they’re available in your area. But of course any color sweet potato will work just fine for this easy entrée.
So that’s about it…I know this stuffed potato and BBQ chicken paleo recipe is nothing fancy, but it’s all kinds of healthy with protein, veggies and fat all in one.
And best of all, it’s quick!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken – I used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Green onions, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Paleo barbecue sauce – add as desired. Here's my easy one: Tangy Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Pierce with fork and bake potatoes whole on a foil-lined cookie sheet at 400º F for about 45 minutes, or until tender (your cooking time may vary)
- Remove from oven and slice each potato lengthwise, but don't cut all the way through
- Open each potato and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then squeeze each potato a little to loosen
- In a small bowl, mix your pre-cooked and shredded chicken together with a generous amount of my Tangy Paleo BBQ Sauce – or use your own favorite BBQ sauce
- Top each potato with the chicken and spoon on more sauce if desired
- Garnish with avocado cubes and green onions
- Dig in and enjoy!
I love sweet potatoe I surely will make this for papa.
Girl On The Run 30 Day Challenge
Complete Workout & Daily Nutrition Program Custom Designed For Busy Women On The Go. Ebook Set & Hd Video Requires No Gym! No Weights! Only 17 Minutes A Day!
If you think we have shared something useful for you then don’t hesitate to share this content with your friends on social media, just take a few seconds to share this whole Making Money methods on Facebook and Google+ . Thanks for that and do post your questions & suggestions in the comment section.
Kim looks delish!
Mmm. Baked potatoes Owen!
Dean William yum
Sending to my brother in law, got him interested in your foods.