Love chicken wings? Here’s an awesome alternative to Buffalo Wild Wings that I think tastes even better – and you’ll be surprised just how easy these baked wings are to make…
First of all, forget frying or parboiling or any of the other crazy gyrations you may think you need to go through to serve a succulent plateful of buffalo-style wings.
For this chicken wings recipe, you’ll only need your oven – and my special Chipotle Seasoning Mix.
For the guys out there especially, I should point out you want to buy a package of pre-cut wingettes and drumettes. Not knowing the difference, my hubby grabbed a package of whole wings for me. He wasn’t thrilled when he had to get the chopping board out and separate those little suckers!
Anyway, take your wings and apply the seasoning mix to both sides like you mean it. Really coat them well.
Next, place your wings on small wire racks and place those in some kind of foil-lined pan or cookie sheet to catch the drippings. You do not want these laying directly on the foil – they’ll stick to it big time.
So now all you do is bake your seasoned wings for about 35 minutes, stop to baste them in honey, bake them for another 10, take them out and brush them once more with honey. That’s it, you’re done. Simple right?
I’m not kidding you, these are incredibly good. Take a bite and you get the sweetness of the honey, and then a layer down comes the wake-up-your-mouth spiciness from the chipotle mix. Wowzer!
This recipe makes enough for 2 people, so if you’ve got a crowd coming over (and you will if word gets out you’re making these!) then adjust the recipe accordingly.
Hope you give this easy spicy and sweet baked chicken wings recipe a try!
Paleo Spicy & Sweet Chipotle-Honey Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken wings pre-cut
- 1/4 cup honey
Chipotle Seasoning Mix (this is key — don't skip!)
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- In a small bowl, prepare the dry Chipotle Seasoning Mix – stir to combine
- Place chicken wings on small wire racks, and set inside a foil-lined cookie sheet to catch drippings
- Generously coat all sides of the wings with the Chipotle Seasoning Mix
- First bake at 400ºF for about 35 minutes
- Next baste the chicken wings with honey
- Continue baking an additional 10 minutes at 400ºF
- Remove from oven and coat one more time with honey
- Serve hot, add a side of celery and carrots if desired