What is it about a simple salad that’s so incredibly satisfying?
While grander meals taking hours of prep time always get the biggest ‘ooohs and ahhhs’ from guests around the dinner table, it’s still the lowly salad platter – if there is one – lurking in the shadows I reach for first.
It’s fresh, crispy, plucked-from-the-ground healthy eating I absolutely love and can’t get enough of.
Hubs and I have a salad several times a week. Nothing fancy. Almost always topped with baked or shredded chicken for protein, and a good clean paleo dressing. And that’s our entire paleo meal.
Well the other day I was in the mood for something a little different to grace my greens. So…I decided to whip up a doozy of a salad with hot-off-the-grill grass-fed sirloin steak and hardboiled eggs. A little nod to the classic steak and egg breakfast I guess, made into a garden of flavors with a little fresh tomato and avocado.
As you can probably tell, I’m not a lettuce leaf and dollop of dressing kinda girl. I need a salad with sustenance – and flavor! Give me some chopped veggies, some tasty protein, a zingy dressing, and let’s make this a meal! [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-26cxs6′]
This paleo steak salad has definitely got it going on…it’s big, beefy, and bodacious. This one could easily be on the menus of both a fancy steakhouse and a dusty roadhouse – yeah, it’s that good. And yippee, it’s 100% Whole30 compliant.
Oh, and I added a quick and easy creamy garlic vinaigrette that tastes way bigger than it’s six simple ingredients. I think you’re going to love it.
So there you go…a great paleo salad for you with no frilly ingredients and no fussy prep.
Grab a fork my friends and dig in!
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak, (grilled or pan-seared first, then sliced)
- 4 cups greens – we used Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp paleo mayo
- 1 small to medium garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry and season steak with your favorite prepackaged seasoning, or sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cook on well-oiled grill or in a cast iron pan (along with 1 Tbsp of oil) over medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side for medium rare steak. Remove from heat, place on plate and tent with aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin strips.
- Arrange salad ingredients on plates as desired, or place in large bowl and toss
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over salad as desired.
This paleo steak salad look delicious and absolutely healthy! Can’t wait to it. Cheers!!
This salad looks amazing! Thank you!