So it’s almost officially fall and I can’t tell you how excited I am. I just love the holidays with all the good food and great times with family and friends…
I’ve already got my Bath & Body Works fall candles burning, and I can almost smell the Thanksgiving turkey roasting.
My boys have lived through my unbridled holiday passion since they were born. The twins were my favorite gift under the Christmas tree. I thought once they were older and out of the house, my holiday spirit would calm down a little bit.
Nope. Not happening. Now I’m even more excited because I miss them so much and I can’t wait to spend time hanging out with them and their great friends. Holidays with a house full of boys is awesome, and also means you better have lots of good food to feed them.
So I’m starting the party early. I will be feeding them paleo treats I know they’ll love, and I’m not even going to mention they’re the healthy kind. At least that’s the plan.
I’m going to be coming up with some party appetizers and treats to be served paleo-style during the holidays. Hopefully food so good you can leave your guilt at the door and enjoy some fantastic treats that won’t send your blood sugar levels into overdrive. And I’m starting now so you’ll have time to collect your favorites to try out on your family and friends.
First up for fall is this paleo-friendly pumpkin bread with mini-chocolate chips (optional) baked inside.
My taste testers gave the hot-out-of-the-oven slices of this gluten-free bread a big thumbs up!
It’s very moist with a rich pumpkin flavor, wonderful aroma, and great texture – in other words, it doesn’t taste like a “healthy” treat if you know what I mean.
I hope you give this paleo-friendly pumpkin bread recipe a try…and look for more paleo and gluten-free holiday dishes and treats coming your way soon!
Pumpkin Bread with Mini-Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling – make sure you get canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of dark chocolate mini-chips I use the Enjoy Life brand. You can also add nuts as a substitute, or this bread is awesome without anything!
- First combine all the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl
- Next, in a small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the larger dry ingredients bowl and stir until combined
- Fold in chocolate chips or nuts (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease a bread pan of your choice (I made mine in an 8″ pan) and pour in the mix
- Bake at 350º F for 35 to 45 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick…if it comes out clean the pumpkin bread is done
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool a little, then slice, serve and enjoy!