Wouldn’t you love a good chicken strip? I’m not talking about the kind dredged through gluten breading and dunked in a vat of hydrogenated fat…
These homemade baked chicken strips are not only way healthier than most fast-food restaurants and grocery store brands.
This really easy paleo recipe offers you moist, tender, and delicious chicken fingers you can cook up at home.
No greasy slabs of dried-out mystery meat here…kids will love them, adults will love them – so why not make these for your family!
My favorite part of this fun finger food meal is probably the honey mustard sauce. It couldn’t be any easier to make, and goes really well with these gluten-free chicken strips. Just dip and eat!
And like I keep saying with many of my Paleo Newbie meals, make an extra serving or two for a great meal-preop lunch or snack the next day.
Speaking of chicken…my hubby and I will be attending the Taste of Paleo in Huntington Beach in a couple of weeks. We are super excited to explore what’s out there and to meet some Paleo peeps. They will be having a cooking competition which I thought about entering, but “chickened” out when I found out I would have to prepare 500 samples. That freaked me out just a little! I have faith in my recipes, but since I’m a newbie, I need to scope it all out first and see how it’s done! Maybe next year…
I promise to report back with our new Paleo discoveries and hopefully bring back some fun pictures to share with all of you!
Until then, enjoy this recipe. It just might become a staple for your family. Add some sweet potato fries and you’re good to go!
Paleo Baked Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
Paleo Chicken Strips
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 5 tbs raw/unfiltered honey
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Get a couple of sheets of parchment paper out
- On one piece of parchment, lay out the chicken strips and season both sides
- Line a cookie sheet with the other sheet of parchment paper, and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour and the shredded coconut
- Take each piece of seasoned chicken, dip it in the egg, and then over to the almond flour and shredded coconut mixture bowl. Make sure all the pieces are completely coated
- Lay each piece on your parchment lined cookie sheet
- Once they are all coated, bake for 15-20 min
- Note: these will not brown up like fried chicken strips. I put mine under the broiler for a couple minutes for some color. You could also easily fry these in coconut oil instead of baking.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the honey mustard sauce. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, mustard and apple cider vinegar – it's that easy!
- Super fast and delicious!!