Paleo Chicken Skillet Nachos with Avocado Sauce Recipe
Easy paleo and gluten-free recipe to whip up chicken nachos with an amazing avocado sauce topping
- 2 cups pre-cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 oz can of green chilies -OR- fresh chili peppers (I used a Hatch chili pepper for mine)
- 1 1/2 up to 2 tbsp your favorite Taco Seasoning Mix (or see my optional version below)
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potato chips – see link in notes below (or purchase similar paleo and gluten-free chips)
- 1/2 cup pre-made pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (Optional Garnish) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, pitted and flesh spooned out
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 of a seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup a paleo mayonnaise, or similar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, lightly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
OPTIONAL HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- Note: Makes more than you need, but you'll love using this one in other paleo recipes! Just stir or shake all the ingredients below together.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Make your own sweet potato chips (see recipe link in Notes below, or purchase similar
- Next make the Avocado Sauce above – simply blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, green chilis, and taco seasoning and stir.
- Next add the 1-1/2 Tbsp tomato paste and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until chicken is warmed through.
- Add chips to skillet along with the pico, olives and fresh cilantro sprinkled over. Top with the avocado sauce.