What flavors say fall to you? Some of my favorites are apples, cranberries, grapes and nuts. Put them together any way you want and it’s sure to come up delicious…
So why not a salad?
I’ve had this little combo on the back burner for a month or so, just waiting for the right time.
Let’s face it, it’s not a revolutionary salad. But this particular combination of fall fruit with fresh-cooked chicken tastes amazing together. That’s why I love it so much. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, right?
Well, this paleo salad recipe couldn’t be any easier. Chicken, pecans, grapes, apples, cranberry, celery, pecans, and shallots. Done.
Some of the best flavors of fall, all in one delicious bite! Awesome!
Make this for dinner, or for a nutritious paleo lunch.
I’ve also included a little recipe for a quick “mayo” dressing that uses a raw egg and needs an immersion blender. If you don’t want to mess with it, that’s perfectly fine. Just use a pre-made dressing of your choosing.
Hope you love all the wonderful flavors of fall in this dish!
Easy Chicken Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded chicken – I used rotisserie
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 apple cored and chopped – I used Granny Smith
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp finely-chopped shallot or red onion use more if you like
Optional "Mayo" Dressing Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl
- To make the dressing, use a immersion blender in a tall container. Mix the egg, oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Next salt and pepper to taste. You can add anything you want to this basic mayo – herbs, honey, or whatever!
- Mix the mayo into your salad – as much or little as you like
- Eat up! (This makes a big bowl of salad, plenty for a party or leftovers!)