Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a classic salad featuring a new paleo and gluten-free Tangy Avocado Ranch Dressing I think you’re really going to like!
I bet most of you already have all the ingredients you need to whip up this savory and succulent BLT salad – including everything for the yummy ranch dressing.
As you can probably tell from the dressing’s ingredients, this one has just a little bit of tanginess to it. A pretty good match for this particular salad I think.
However, if you’re feeling more adventurous and want to really amp up the spiciness, you might want to try my Paleo Avocado-Cilantro-Lime Sauce instead. That’s the dressing I normally pair with my beefy paleo taco salads, but if you like your greens with a little more kick, that may be the one for you.
That’s it peeps…just a nutritious paleo salad idea for you with a new recipe for a creamy, dairy-free paleo ranch dressing.
Oh and feel free to toss in some shredded or leftover chicken if you want to pack this delicious salad with a little more protein.
Gotta love a meal you can throw together in minutes, right?
Paleo BLT Salad with Tangy Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe
Tangy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 avocado pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp chives dried or chopped fresh
- 3/4 tsp dill dried
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water – to thin out dressing as desired
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup of dressing
- 6 cups of Romaine chopped
- 8 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- Put all dressing ingredients (except the water) into a blender, and mix until creamy
- If too thick, pour in a little water and mix again to thin
- Toss ingredients
- Plate with the dressing on the side, or pour over