Now that I’m all-in on the Paleo diet, I sure miss my BLT sandwiches. Bet you do too. Well this might be the next best (and dare I say, even better?) recipe to satisfy your BLT craving…
With wheat bread on the Paleo no-fly list, I was trying to figure out a healthier version of the BLT – complete with a yummy, paleo-approved mayo dressing knockoff.
I’ve seen a whole lot of bloggers posting homemade mayo recipes online lately. I’d never tried it until now. Geez…what took me so long? Everyone said it was super easy, and it is!
The best part of making your own paleo mayo is you can add your personal touch. And it’s so versatile… you can use it for salads, dressings, or anything else you want. Give it a spin for yourself! I bet you never look back!
The Paleo mayo along with this BLT salad makes a great 5-minute lunch if you have pre-cooked chicken on hand.
I mentioned a while ago I would come up with some easy Paleo lunch-to-go recipes for you. Well here’s one that’s super-fast and really hits the spot.
I added some extra crunch to this BLT salad with some celery – but you can leave it out if you like. And the Paleo-style mayo can be prepared in just a few minutes. Easy!
Please note, this paleo mayo recipe does include a raw egg. Also, an immersion blender would be very helpful in whipping it up. Feel free to substitute with your favorite pre-made paleo mayo.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy paleo recipe!
Quick BLT Paleo Lunch Salad
- 2-3 cups of cooked chicken cut into cubes
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes halved
- 3 celery ribs chopped small
- 2 avocados diced
- 8-10 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- butter lettuce (or any leafy greens of your choice)
Paleo "Mayo" Dressing – Note: recipe includes a raw egg
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup avocado or you can substitute extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you want to use this Paleo "mayo" dressing recipe, make it first and store in the refrigerator.
- Combine oil, egg, garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt & pepper
- Use a stick blender (also called an immersion blender if you have one) in a tall container to combine. In one minute your mayo salad dressing is done! It’s awesome!
- Next, season your chicken with whatever spices you would like. I just used some seasoning salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, celery, and bacon
- Add your mayo as desired
- Now add your avocado slices or cubes. I do this last so they don’t get mashed
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Put some butter lettuce, or lettuce of your choice, on a plate and scoop in some salad!