You can skip the high-priced Asian carry-out and make your own delicious chicken salad with sesame lime dressing at home…
That’s what we did last night. This is one of my favorites we pulled up from the Paleo Newbie recipe box. Nice, fresh, light – and so easy to make!
There’s not much hunting and gathering required for this Paleo salad, especially if you do it the lazy way. We picked up a pre-made rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, and some bags of chopped lettuce and cabbage. That way it will only take you a few minutes to toss and serve a plate of this green leafy goodness. [av_sidebar widget_area=’Lockerdome’ av_uid=’av-2erzd6′]
It turned out so beautifully, we decided to snap a few photos of it to replace a not-so-appetizing point and shoot pic we had of it on our recipe page before.
If you’re looking for the perfect summer salad with a little meat to it, try this one!
- 1/2 cup oil – I used avocado oil
- 1/3 cup plus a tablespoon more of fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 red chili pepper – I used jalapeno, chopped small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk above ingredients together. I usually make a little extra dressing to mix in with the shredded chicken before I make the salad. I gives it great flavor.
- 1/4 head shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 head shredded red cabbage
- 1 small head of romaine – about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro – leaves only
- 2 carrots – grated
- 1 or 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 2 avocados – chopped
- 2-3 cups of shredded chicken
- Toss all salad ingredients in a bowl with chicken
- Add dressing as desired
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Serves 4
I would love to try the chicken salad with sesame lime dressing, but the recipe is missing!
Melanie, so sorry. It should be up now! :)