Do you love pro football? I can honestly say I’m not usually a big fan, but this year I’m making an exception…
The Seattle Seahawks (my home team) are rockin’ it this year. And along with all my Northwest friends, we’re hoping the Hawks make it all the way to the Super Bowl.
My boss went to school at the University of Washington, and he says they won’t get that far. I’m just saying for the record, he is going down and losing the little wager we made on them. He has no faith…
Well, I do. So much so that I’m already getting my paleo-friendly Super Bowl food ready. I’ve made hot wings before, but not quite as stick-to-your-fingers good as this gluten-free recipe. What makes this batch so special?
These hot wings only take four ingredients (including the chicken!) to make. And because this one is mostly a paleo crockpot recipe, it practically cooks on autopilot. After a super easy prep, you put them in your crockpot for 3-4 hours and finish up with a 5-minute oven broil at the end. That’s it – you’re done. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
My inspiration for this one came from a magazine I was flipping through awhile back. I saw a hot wings recipe that called for soy sauce and brown sugar – stuff that’s not so good for a paleo diet. So I simply changed up the recipe to make it more paleo. I was pleasantly surprised how awesome this healthier version turned out!
If you’re having friends over or just love awesome wings, this easy recipe would be perfect for you. Serve them up with some sweet potato fries and you’ve got a meal that will give the best sports bars a run for their money.
Try these out. Slow cooker simple. Sticky sweet and spicy. Seriously, need I say more?
I only made two pounds of wings, so feel free to at least double or triple this recipe if you’ve got a hungry family or a room full of football fanatics to feed.
Enjoy and cheers!
P.S. Go Seahawks! :)
4-Ingredient Sweet Chili Hot Wings Recipe
- 2 lbs of chicken wings/drumettes
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 tbs to 1/4 cup Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Optional: chopped green onions garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, Sriracha and coconut aminos
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot
- Pour liquid mixture over the chicken
- Set crock pot to high and cook 3-4 hours, or until wings are tender (turn wings over halfway through cooking)
- When chicken is done, preheat your oven broiler
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place chicken on top
- Broil chicken on top rack until slightly crisp, about 5-8 minutes, turning over once – watch to make sure they don’t burn
- Remove from broiler and lightly brush with raw honey
- Garnish with green onions if desired