Think healthy and hearty paleo cooking takes forever? Got 20 minutes?
This paleo dish takes more time to chop the fresh veggies than it does to cook. And with its super-easy spices and a pre-cooked sausage of your choice, it’ll be on your plate in a snap!
Call me old-fashioned, but I used Old Bay Seasoning for this recipe. It’s a 70-year-old secret mix of herbs
What’s really great about this paleo shrimp and sausage recipe is its versatility – feel free to change up the veggies any way you want. I kept this mixture to quick-cooking veggies because we were hungry and I didn’t want to wait. And we nailed it.
Spicy, sweet, and savory all in one bite.
This one’s a keeper for us. Hope it will be for you too!
20-Minute Shrimp & Sausage Paleo Skillet Meal Recipe
- 1 lb of medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage chopped (choose your favorite)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Serves about 4
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove from skillet and set aside
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes
- Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet, cook another 2 minutes
- Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for about 1 minute
- Pour chicken stock into pan and mix through to moisten everything
- Add salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot