This is one of my quick and easy Paleo Right Now Recipes. It’s perfect for a delicious Paleo lunch or a refreshing and healthy summertime dinner. Enjoy!
Pesto Chicken stuffed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken – I wanted fast so I used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 avocado – seed removed and cut into cubes
- 1 jar artichokes – chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts (If you don’t like water chestnuts, substitute with celery)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers – chopped small
- 4 large tomatoes – top cut off and insides removed
- For the Paleo pesto:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup basil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- First make your pesto – this can be done ahead of time. I always have some made in the fridge
- Combine, garlic, basil, pine nuts and lemon juice in a food processor for a few seconds until mixed. Pour in olive oil and blend until desired consistency. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl combine chicken, artichokes, red pepper and water chestnuts.
- Add desired amount of pesto and lightly toss.
- Wait to add avocado last so it doesn’t get smashed.
- Season with a little salt.
- Fill up those beautiful tomatoes and eat up! As tasty as it is beautiful!
For more delicious and easy recipes, visit us at PaleoNewbie.com