Ready to serve a dish that’s healthy, loaded with flavor and will have everyone asking for the recipe?
Just whip up this tasty little paleo and gluten-free meal and see what happens!
One of my favorite sauces I’ve made paleo is my teriyaki sauce. It’s surprisingly versatile – I’ve made it over and over again and used it in many different recipes. I think you’re really going to love it in this one.
This hearty beef and broccoli dish is one that will satisfy even your most picky eater. It has that Asian flavor everyone loves, with the added bonus of some fresh broccoli and a little red pepper.
While there are a few steps to it, it’s actually super easy and comes together quickly.
A simple and quick marinade for the beef, the easy teriyaki sauce, a little chopping and cooking, and you’re good to go!
This has been a go-to recipe for us. I used to love take-out Chinese, but most of that stuff was off my paleo list until I came up with this dish. Now I make it whenever I have the craving.
Try this one tonight! I promise you’ll love the teriyaki sauce and it will quickly become a staple in your Asian paleo cooking!
Paleo Teriyaki Beef Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb flank or round steak, cut in thin strips
- 2-3 heads of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
Beef Marinade Ingredients
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Salt & pepper
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup juice from fresh oranges
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbs fresh grated ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, sesame oil and ginger
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper
- Place seasoned beef in plastic bag, pour in marinade, seal and refrigerate while making the teriyaki sauce below
- Combine all above teriyaki ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat
- When mixture begins to boil, stir for another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Blanche broccoli 2-3 minutes
- Slice the bell pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, cook marinated beef 3-5 minutes stirring frequently until meat is no longer pink
- Add teriyaki sauce, broccoli, and bell pepper to the saucepan – cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot and enjoy
For more delicious and easy recipes, visit us at PaleoNewbie.com