You’ve got to love a paleo meal with a little chicken, lots of veggies, and a ton of flavor that takes just one pan and only minutes to serve.
So here’s an awesome, no-fuss, hearty paleo recipe you can throw together fast – and with only one pan to clean up!
For this simple and savory dish I tried a new brand of pre-cooked organic sliced chicken breasts from True Story Foods.
Really, really good stuff. The chicken was moist and flavorful right out of the package, all cut up and ready to go – a healthy time-saver for us paleo peeps. True Story’s organic meats are available at some Northern California Costco stores right now.
You can of course use any chicken for this recipe as long as it’s pre-cooked. Then all you have to do is chop up some veggies. In minutes you’ll be sitting down to a flavor-packed, well-balanced paleo meal made with plenty of healthy protein and carbs.
Hubby and I had lots of leftovers from this dish, so it went into an egg omelette the next morning. Delicious!
You just can’t go wrong with a meal that includes tomatoes, olives, artichokes, spinach and some tasty chicken – even if it takes just minutes to make!
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz jarred artichoke hearts, liquid drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 lb pre-cooked chicken ( I used organic oven-roasted sliced chicken breasts from True Story Foods )
- Fresh spinach – a couple of handfuls
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil or ghee (1-2 tablespoons to sauté the veggies, another tablespoon for cooking)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes
- Add the minced garlic in with the onions, and sauté together one more minute
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the sautéed onions and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the pan then toss in the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley, oregano, and stir a few minutes
- Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan – stir and cook 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with the fresh basil