That lovely little spice in your paleo cupboard called cinnamon can apparently do more than bring an amazing flavor to your paleo cooking.
The folks over Authority Nutrition have come up with a tasty list of the top 10 major benefits a few shakes of cinnamon may be able to add to your health.
Here’s a list of the top 10 healthy benefits of cinnamon spice:
- Cinnamaldehyde accounts for most of cinnamon’s medicinal properties
- Contains antioxidants (polyphenols) in higher amounts than many of the so-called “super foods”
- Offers anti-inflammatory properties which may reduce the risk of disease
- Cinnamon may increase good cholesterol (HDL) and reduce blood pressure
- May help lower your blood sugar levels
- Cinnamon offers a powerful anti-diabetic effect
- May prevent or slow the effects of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease
- The potential to prevent or treat cancer
- Offers antifungal and antibacterial properties which among other things may help prevent tooth decay and bad breath
- Cinnamon may help fight HIV-1 (the HIV virus) in humans